Here are a bunch of things that I missed in the few days away from the internet:
- A nostalgic look at the Internet from the 90’s. Thanks, Swissmiss.
- Check out these love songs designed as Steven King book covers. Thanks, Joe.
- Would you wear these Mitchell & Ness shorts for $125 each? I like them, but would probably never wear them outside.
- Rick & Morty aired the first episode of the new season (weirdly, without any actual plans for the rest of the season) and it was fantastic. In the episode, Rick obsesses over McDonald’s Szechuan Sauce, a promotional chicken nugget sauce for Mulan, which apparently was real. Some dude found a packet of it in his car and made $14,000 for it.
- This James Corden / Riz Ahmed rap battle was worth a watch.
- Fun fact about Sean Spicer: in college, he had a tough time with the media, too. He got the name “Sean Sphincter” during an attempt to outlaw smoking in dorms.
- Got served an ad for Hardee’s in which they are trying to distance themselves, only slightly, from there weirdly sexual burger ads. Andrew Puzder might have left the company, but abandoning the “Slutburger” aspect one of the many things I now associate with the brand via his statements.