- Beat Saber: a VR/Oculus rhythm game (like Guitar Hero) where you use light sabers. I can’t tell if I would love this game or just be entertained by it for a few minutes.
- Of all the many promos for Deadpool 2, I think this is the weirdest/best: Ryan Reynolds Sings ‘Tomorrow’ from ‘Annie’ on Korean TV.
- I thought I had more, maybe later.
Categories for Randy
Here are some drafts that somehow never got published. Here they are:
- Rolling Stone has a post called 10 Songs You Didn’t know Carole King wrote. I thought I guessed a few of them, but was surprised by others. The Animals? Mariah Carey?
- Miranda Lambert, I can’t quit you. Here is a video for We Should Be Friends.
- Parrot McConaughey. All right, all right. Just watch it.
Bunch of small things maybe not worth a full post.
- Did you know Puma and Adidas were bitter rivals started by brothers?
- I enjoyed this cut of some of the worst product placement in TV and movie.
- This is weird but worth a watch. Kindergarten Cop quotes put to a song, called “Back the Carpet”. You like that, watch this Paul McCartney mashup(?!).
- And recutting the Solo trailer with Beastie Boys’ Sabotage is worth a watch:
- Sandor “The Hound” Clegane and Tormund Giantsbane serenade us with a little Yellow Bird. Really makes me happy.
- I’m excited the BoJack is coming back soon.
- This video about the timeline of confederate statues in the US was a very interesting piece.
- Also from Vox, Ever wanted to know more about the use of songs in political campaigns?
- I like Vox, so here is another one: This is an unapologetic ode to gated reverb drums.
- I really like this Weird magazine youtube series. Here an accent expert analyzes actors’ portrayals of real people.
- Want to play some games to learn design techniques?
- I thought this article was interesting, but really hammered it’s message home with the execution: https://chris.bolin.co/offline/
- Spotify can make a playlist with the “soundtrack of your last few summers”. Check it out here: https://www.spotify.com/us/rewind/ You can check out mine here.
- Speaking of Spotify, they got some heat for an ad calling Justin a “Latin King”.
- Here is a great collection of Wikipedia edits.
- Ya’ll watched Jack White’s this series, American Epic Sessions, yet? Here is another clip of Jack White and Elton John.
- After John Oliver predicted that he would be sued by a coal magnate who frequently sues news organizations that cover him, he is now being sued by that man.
- While I am no where near being done with Spanish, Duolingo now has added Japanese to their courses.
- Wanna watch Lil Yachty Raps About 59 Simpsons Characters? It’s exactly what you think it is. If you don’t like Lil Yachty, its only going to make you mad.
I love this guy: