I refuse to let this idea die, and I’m so close to being done with summer school so here are some books various family members and I will be reading so come on, just do it, join book club.
- Bobby Kennedy: The Making of a Liberal Icon
- Give Us the Vote looks at the Voting Rights Act 50 years later, the historical struggle for voting rights, and the ongoing battles.
- The Games: A Global History of the Olympics described as… “If Howard Zinn gave us “A People’s History of the United States,” Goldblatt provides a people’s history of the Olympics.”
- Alexander Hamilton the book the musical was based off of.
- Of Blood and Fire: The Untold Story of Bangladesh’s War of Independence After the spike in kids at work coming from Bangladesh this seems overdue. Additionally, considering there are 156 million people in a country the size of 1.01 Illinois’s. I now can better understand the kids lack of respect for personal space. Also this site called ‘Map Fight’ which is going to be the greatest addition to geography class ever. There will no more children swearing I am liar about the actual size of Africa.
- A Golden Age a historical fiction novel about Bangladesh’s War of Independence
NPR has done this awesome list of books, movies, tv shows, podcasts based on “if you bought this, you may like this” advertising method. They just released the list of 100 recommendations for July and here is June. Also Book of the Month Club seems great but I cannot hound Marty to clean out the basement and myself continue stockpiling books in the attic.