The lineup for Lollapalooza 09 was announced on Monday. Like every year, I get real excited when this comes out, but there are just a few things that tame this excitement:
- With that many bands there are bound to be a bunch that I’ve heard of and would like to see, but $190 for the entire weekend?
- Of the headliners, I could care less about Depeche Mode, Tool and Jane’s Addiction.
- Of the bands that I am excited to see, there is going to be overlaps in playing times that are going to make seeing all of them impossible.
- The “radius clause” has always bothered me.Â It means that if I don’t pony up the money, I won’t see them for a while. (Not that I see many live shows anymore)
- The argument made by some is that if there just 4 or 5 bands you want to see, the ticket pays for itself considering most concerts start at $50 these days.Â That reasoning only makes sense if you think $50 is a good price for shows.Â If you hate ticketmaster and ticket prices (that are only going to get worse), then paying for a Lollapalooza ticket is like taking that anger over paying for a $50 show and amplifying it by the 5 bands you want to see.
- Finally, it was really fucking hot the last time I went.
Sorry to sound like a cranky old man complaining about heat and money, especially when the decision to go will probaly be based soley on who else is going and if I have the money.Â So of the couple other people that read this, is anyone else thinking about going?
Categorised in: Random Posts
This post was written by Brian