Lately I’ve been trying to get up earlier to swim. Spotify on the phone has helped in the getting pumped portion of driving to the pool. Every once in while songs like Morning Train and 9 to 5 work, but those get old fast. Here is a list of the current pump up songs:
- While the Neil’s favorite, Fats Domino’s I’m Walking, will always work, I recently discovered his song Jambalaya.
- Speaking of brother recommendations(Sweet Brother Numsay!), Austin fav Gone by Kanye is awesome.
- Mac Miller’s Nikes on me Feet.
- Tame Impala’s Elephant.
- Webb Wilder’s Human Cannonball.
- For the last week or two , the go-to has been Bonnie Tyler’s Holding Out for a Hero(which is a pretty awesomely 80s video). Fun fact: the album was backed by the E Street Band.
- But last night Adam showed me the video for Heart‘s Alone and it has taken the go-to spot. Maybe one of the reasons that 97.9 doesn’t play this song but regularly plays Crazy on You or Magic Man is because they can’t show the video. I am still blaming the station that I haven’t known this song before. The video has everything an 80s video should: a piano blowing up, a girl with lots of cleavage riding a horse, playing the guitar like it is a penis, running into the crowd with your guitar. It is even entertaining how Ann Wilson gets the Kelly Clarkson treatment by having very few shots below the shoulders. Just watch it:
Categorised in: Random Posts
This post was written by Brian