Go Big Ten or go home.
1. Sonics. Yes you read correctly. Two. Need you read more?
2. Murphy\’s Pub. Excellent mock-Irish bar. Always a babefest. And itâ€™s got a pool table, too!
3. Geovantiâ€™s. Calzones the size of your head. Chicken â€œstripsâ€ so big, just one could feed a family of 4. As if thatâ€™s not enough, thereâ€™s a bar downstairs. A place where everyone knows your name, karaoke Wednesdays, and Lady GaGa is constantly on repeat. Just look at these specials. Personal favorite. Oh and it starts selling booze at 6 in the morning. Not that I’ve been there for that, of course, but it’s nice to know.
4. Home of REO Speedwagon. I â€œCanâ€™t Fight This Feelingâ€ that the above picture is kind of tacky.
8. Kam\’s. Home of the Drinking Illini. Sticky, loud, smells like butthole, but damn it if I donâ€™t contribute to the stickiness and smelliness every weekend.
9. NEIL street
10. Birthplace of Ludacris (suck it Atlanta) and hometown of Roger Ebert, who hosts â€œEbertfestâ€ every year. Sounds pretty cool. April 21-25.
11. Canopy Club. Cool set-up with 3 bars, a stage, and tables and junk. Piano Man every Tuesday, who plays your favorite pop and 90â€™s music on piano. $3 Long Island Iced Teas. AD (lightning bolt) HD, the infamous AC(lightning bolt)DC cover band, is playing there. Bunch of old townies rocking out, and the butt of me and Brian’s jokes.
12. Papa John\’s. Yes Brian, Iâ€™m rubbing it in. 6 meats?!?!?!
13. Townie Bars. Tempted Joan?
14. Disappointing Sports: $77 for football tickets and countless hours Iâ€™ll never get back. I canâ€™t stand Ron Zook. Basketball isnâ€™t shaping up either. I feel like a Cub fan.
15. Horseshoe Sandwich Not in Champaign, but in Springfield, an hour away. Saw it on the Travel Channel. I was born to eat this sandwich.
16. Activities and Recreation Center (ARC). Home of Illini Water Polo. Dirt cheap rock climbing wall and massages.
17. What It Is! with Booker T., Mavis Staples, and JJ Grey. At the Krannert Center March 30. I have 2 free tickets, and extra ones are 30 bucks. I offered to Brian, but seeing as it is his birthday, I’m thinking this may be Neil’s excuse to come down here.
Oh yeah, thereâ€™s the University of Illinois, which is really awesome. So if you havenâ€™t visited Champaign-Urbana yet, or havenâ€™t visited here for me, itâ€™s about time.
Now, I believe itâ€™s time for me to fly.Tags: Political!
This post was written by Austin